If you are planning to embark on a career in the field of NGO worker, Socialworker and Lawyer.
The SWDC Internship Programme offers you practical work in one of SWDC’s priority areas. You will know the Organization’s programmes and work and you will also enhance your academic knowledge with relevant work assignments that can help you prepare for your future career.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an internship if:
- You have completed your full-time university studies (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; or
- You are enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application; or
- You have recently graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), within the last 12 months.
What are the requirements?
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English and Somali.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply for internship
- Have your motivation letter and résumé ready and send to out email address on our contact site.
- You can only use either English or Somali in applying.
- The duration of an internship generally ranges between 2 and 12 months.
- There is no compensation, financial or otherwise for internship assignments.
- Even if you are eligible, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive more applications from qualified candidates than we can place.
- Your application will be accessed by SWDC managers and will stay in our database for a period of six months.
- We do not respond to each and every candidate. If selected, you will be directly contacted by the manager. If you do not receive any update within 2 months, it means that your application has not been successful.