Somali Women Development Center
Vacancy for Somali staff
Job title: Project Coordinator
Job type: Full time
Closing date: 17th September 2016
Somali Women Development Centre is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established mid 2000. SWDC is working to improve the situation of women in Somalia. SWDC’s guiding vision is the belief that, with support, women can become empowered to make positive changes in their lives.
Somali Women Development Centre strives to minimize the number of women who are subjected to violence by empowering them through access to knowledge and greater economic independence.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Coordinator is responsible for maintaining day to day overall supervision, control and coordination for the project. She/he is to ensure that project activities are undertaken within the established guidelines of SWDC.
- The project coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day overall coordination management and supervision of the legal aid project work and staff.
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of detailed case files and a case database in English for lawyer cases. The database will include, but is not limited to, the details of the cases, competent court, and type of cases, action taken and outcome.
- The Lawyer and project coordinator should arrange to prepare individual performance reports every 3 months. The reports must confirm each intern’s
- Regular attendance
- Description of duties of assigned during the period
- Work Performance and Progress
- Held meetings in every three months to assess their progress and gain feedback. By preparing questionnaire to assist process and report to UNDP on these meetings and must develop an individualized mentoring service for each intern.
- Ensure that the project activities are undertaken within the established guidelines and reporting format as agreed with UNDP Judiciary Project Manager.
- Ensure that the lawyers will only take on legal cases of those persons that are economically deprived and an income eligibility form must be completed for every case undertaken by the lawyers;
- Ensure that the lawyers will take on criminal case, civil and family cases and Paralegals will provide advice, referral and mediation Cases.
- The suitable candidate must have at least three years’ experience in management, administration within local or international organizations
- Demonstrable supervisory experience of administrative staff
- Experience in the development of positions, systems and procedures
- Experience in project management
- Experience in humanitarian and Human right field
- At least a university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other management discipline
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Good communication skills
- Good command of accounting software, Ms Office
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV with at least three references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.